Question Unkown causes of blue screens, black screens, stutters, crashes.

morgen3737

Reputable
Jan 8, 2020
So I've had my pc for a while now, it certainly isn't state of the art, but can get some things done. Couple of months ago, I noticed stutters beggining to form follow by unexpected blue screens popping up at random times, even when it was idle. Fastforward yesterday, I tried opening my task manager to check on something and I was stunned instead, 870 background processes, is that normal? And they were all windows processes at that. So I booted it up today, it was fine at the start but then I tried opening task manager again and it went unresponsive and my whole desktop turned black. Now I don't know what it is with those background processes getting multiplied by the minute but it looks like they are thrashing my processor. I can't help but think that it's a hardware issue too. It's been 7-8 years since I had this cpu so it might as well be on the end of it's lifespan, considering also that it can get up to 92 °C or 197.6 °F while under small pressure. On the contrary, it could just be a virus or a corrupt system, hell it could even be a corrupt disk for all I know. I just need some advice on what to do to ensure that I get to find the issue, or even what steps to take considering the circumstances above, or just plain thoughts about the issue, anything is highly appreciated, Thank you in advance.

morgen3737

Reputable
Jan 8, 2020
Sorry, I forgot to mention that the anti virus software came up negative. I think I also changed my ram since it was fine and running. Maybe I'll attempt a format later and see if that does anything.