unlocking duron 1.1

G

im having trouble unlocking morgan core duron i tried the pencil trick but i couldnt change the multiplier in bios well i could but it didnt do anything i have an asus a7v266-e motherboard

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
make sure you didnt cross any of the bridges...and make sure that you have enough lead on there.
when i was experimenting with overclocking my athlon, i thought i drew the lines nice 'n neat, but it wouldnt work correctly, so i erased everything, and redid all the lines, and did it while looking through some magnifying eyeglasses, so i could get real nice lines...after i did that, it worked, no problem.

-DAvid

-Live, Learn, then build your own computer!-

CMRvet

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2001
Also be sure that the pencil is <font color=red>type 2B</font color=red> (the one with the highest graphite content) and <b>VERY</b> sharp.

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
well, i am sure that 2B would be better...but i am using a mechanical pencil with Pentel HIPOLYMER HB super .5mm led. works fine..

you know what tho, i have also seen people use resistors? i think....
i saw it when i was looking up the bridge settings to overclock my athlon...cant remember where i saw it....BUT...i think that is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too much work to unlock or overclock the athlon/duron...
just pencil it in....takes two seconds, and can be undone. :smile:

-DAvid

G

i just looked at it through a magnify glass and i saw that the bridges were unloacked already. is there any other bridges i need to lock or unlock other than the L1's?

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
wow, an unlocked one...not bad. but if the L1's are already unlocked, then that should be it...you should be able to overclock through the bios...

-DAvid