[SOLVED] Unplayable stutter + tearing after getting a new external monitor for my laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

a-guy

Prominent
Aug 17, 2019
So let me explain i have a dell gaming laptop and the screen was too small so i got a brand new monitor, everything went fine colors were ok it was 120hz as expected when using hdmi and it was nice until i decided to play a game (R6) its a fps type of game, so i launched it, selected my new monitor, put 120hz in the settings and i went to play and oh boy was it bad, the monitors fps counter was clearly showing i was at 120fps but what i saw was 20 fps with stutter, lag and screen tearing so after that i restarted my laptop and launched the game again this time it took about 5 minutes to launch which is weird because i have a ssd and then it was again at 120fps + 120hz and it wasnt as bad as before but it ran like crap, screen tearing everywhere, stutter every 5 seconds, messed up input lag and lag i dont know how to fix this nor do i know what is causing it but its not freesync or vsync so if anyone knows how to fix this please tell me.

a-guy

Prominent
Aug 17, 2019
So i sort of fixed it by pressing the windows key + P at the same time and picked the "only external monitor" now i have a different issue so im gonna close this and make a new thread

Status
Not open for further replies.