Unplugged computer whilst running now wont turn back on

elliotrail1000

Prominent
Sep 6, 2017
unplugged my computer whilst it was on and now it wont turn back on only thing i see is a white flashing light on my gpu. My mom accidently knocked out my power cord yesterday whilst i was playing and my computer isnt responding (not turning on) not even the lights i have installed give any respone. Please help

Solution
This may sound weird, and it's a long shot, but try:

1) Unplug power supply
2) Remove BIOS battery
3) Hold down power button for 20-30 seconds
4) Reinstall BIOS battery
5) Plug in power supply
6) Power on the computer

It may be possible (though unlikely) that, if the power supply has a replaceable fuse, that the fuse blew. You could check for that as well, though that generally requires opening up the power supply.

WayneTech

Reputable
Feb 22, 2017
It's likely but not impossible that your PSU surged. Modern PSU's are generally good at containing the shock to stop other components of the PC getting damaged by electricity. Generally the main issue with turning off the system from the wall is data corruption as the system doesn't have time to save and empty caches on shut down. Try another PSU if you have one to spare.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
This may sound weird, and it's a long shot, but try:

1) Unplug power supply
2) Remove BIOS battery
3) Hold down power button for 20-30 seconds
4) Reinstall BIOS battery
5) Plug in power supply
6) Power on the computer

It may be possible (though unlikely) that, if the power supply has a replaceable fuse, that the fuse blew. You could check for that as well, though that generally requires opening up the power supply.

Solution