[SOLVED] Unplugging dying HDD & having 2 Windows'

Nov 26, 2021
Is it completely fine to unpulg a dying HDD and plug it in again later, like it won't make it worse will it. And is it okay to temporarily have 2 in use HDDs in the same PC both with Windows on, if not can I just get rid of windows on the non boot drive, I've seen people say yes and no.

Solution
Hi, you shouldn't unplug it while the computer is on if that's what you mean. If you unplug it when it's off that won't cause a problem. As for having 2 drives with Windows installed on them at the same time then yes that's fine, I did this recently while I was setting up a fresh install of Windows. You will need to change your bios boot order though to ensure your PC boots from the drive you want.
Hi, you shouldn't unplug it while the computer is on if that's what you mean. If you unplug it when it's off that won't cause a problem. As for having 2 drives with Windows installed on them at the same time then yes that's fine, I did this recently while I was setting up a fresh install of Windows. You will need to change your bios boot order though to ensure your PC boots from the drive you want.

Reactions: Luka_
Solution