[SOLVED] Unsure about if I'm using my GPU or an IGPU.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Dec 1, 2021
Hello guys, I want to ask if I'm using my GPU or it's an IGPU, In the Task Manager under Performance there's GPU 0 But it's almost always at 0% and only my CPU is being utilized properly, Here's a picture of task manager GPU 0
: https://prnt.sc/219fslb
Is that normal? Why are also the values to low the GPU Memory
Here's a picture of my CPU
https://prnt.sc/219fwio
It's working properly but everything is focusing on the CPU instead of the GPU, how can I fix that and am I really using a IGPU instead of my own GPU
I don't really understand much, if there's more things that will be needed to determine please tell me and i will provide information, thank you!

Solution
back to the question for the GPU, why dont I have GPU 1 and only GPU 0? is that normal
Go into BIOS and disable iGPU.
It's not necessary (unless you need it for connecting more monitors). It just reserves additional system ram with no purpose.
And your system has only 8GB of ram - not very much by modern standards.
Dec 1, 2021
60C at idle?! That's way too much.
Is your room temperature like 40C or something?

What cpu cooler are you using?
If it's liquid AIO, then it's probably dead and needs to be replaced.
If intel stock cooler, then needs to be replaced with a decent one.
It's probably stock I don't remember buying any coolers, but it should be fine if I manage to make my pc not so CPU based, instead to make it focus on my GPU

InvalidError

Titan
60C at idle?! That's way too much.
Is your room temperature like 40C or something?
Since he says his CPU maxes out at 75C under load, the 60C idle does not really matter. Could simply be from pushing low PWM% until temperature actually matters.

My CPUs idle at 50-60C too since I set my fan curves to the lowest my motherboards allow me to until 60C.

Reactions: ZoroDa
Dec 1, 2021
Since he says his CPU maxes out at 75C under load, the 60C idle does not really matter. Could simply be from pushing low PWM% until temperature actually matters.

My CPUs idle at 50-60C too since I set my fan curves to the lowest my motherboards allow me to until 60C.
back to the question for the GPU, why dont I have GPU 1 and only GPU 0? is that normal

Dec 1, 2021
Open task manager/perf/gpu.
Right click the graph and change it to single.
Start a pass of UBM in another tab and then flip back to task manager.
Watch the gpu usage as UBM runs.
You should see a pretty good bump in usage at times.
Yeah there is a bump in usage, but why is the GPU Memory not changing? Like it's at 0.4 out of 6GB 0.4/6.0GB, how can I increase it?

Yeah there is a bump in usage, but why is the GPU Memory not changing? Like it's at 0.4 out of 6GB 0.4/6.0GB, how can I increase it?
So far the only problem that's showing is the cpu's lack of turbo.
This is quite often a heat issue so make sure the cpu fan is nice and clean and look very close at the fins of the heat sink they can get packed with crud over time.

Reactions: ZoroDa
Dec 1, 2021
So far the only problem that's showing is the cpu's lack of turbo.
This is quite often a heat issue so make sure the cpu fan is nice and clean and look very close at the fins of the heat sink they can get packed with crud over time.
Okay, thank you very much for your help sir