[SOLVED] unsure about xeon e3 1245/1230/1240 and ram

matthewmurphy57

Honorable
Oct 8, 2018
Basically im geting abismal fps and stutter in bf1 on low unlike (bf4 which is buttery smooth on ultra) My specs are i5 3570 12gb 1333 and gtx 1060 3gb. im getting barely 30fps-60 in multiplayer so i thought the extra cpu threads may help i was gonna just buy a i7 2600 but they've gone up in price so i found this xeon e3 1245, but i was wondering if i'd have to change my ram because i dont really have th4e money to. its just one stick of cruciall pro series and another of stick of normal ram.

Would this cpu make a dif in fps, and if so if i buy it should i need to buy ecc ram?

any help would be greatly appreciated

Solution
The mobo supports v1 and v2. Those are the same socket so should be compatible. The same socket doesn't mean it is compatible if the bios isn't. V1 is sandy bridge and v2 is ivy bridge which is the same generation as your i5. Since you can't oc, it's better to get v2 to get the most performance you can.

matthewmurphy57

Honorable
Oct 8, 2018

it did in bf1 but then i turned of unlimited fps and it solved the high usage, but not fps its still around 35 and 45 on avg thanks

The mobo supports v1 and v2. Those are the same socket so should be compatible. The same socket doesn't mean it is compatible if the bios isn't. V1 is sandy bridge and v2 is ivy bridge which is the same generation as your i5. Since you can't oc, it's better to get v2 to get the most performance you can.

Solution
Ivy is when they switched to tim so temps were usually higher than sandy, if not equal. It's still cool enough so it's not a disadvantage but it's not an advantage. It is less power but that's negligible. Performance is really all that is worthwhile and that is from ram speed and ipc.