Question Untable to install windows - new pc

Jul 31, 2019
Hi,

I built a new pc, everything seems fine in the bios but once I try to install windows10 from the usb 3.0 the keyboard and mouse stops working. The mouse works for a second and then it stops, after few seconds more, the led turns off.

I've changed few things in the bios, the legacy usb was activated now is in auto mode but nothing changed. The hand-off xhci and ehci are deactivated.

Also I've tried to install from another usb and in different port (I've tried all 2.0 and 3.0). I downloaded again windows form the official page just in case something was wrong with the files.

I don't know if it's something from the software or it's a hardware problem but I don't know what to do more.

*The pc doesn't have any connection for ps2 so I can't try this method.

Colif

Win 11 Master
generally if USB stops working, it can be a power problem. Perhaps check all the cables inside case are correct.

I would set bios to defaults - as I said, it should just work. Shouldn't have usb devices turn off

people installing Mac OS to motherboard have had problems with USB.

Reactions: James568
Jul 31, 2019
generally if USB stops working, it can be a power problem. Perhaps check all the cables inside case are correct.

I would set bios to defaults - as I said, it should just work. Shouldn't have usb devices turn off

people installing Mac OS to motherboard have had problems with USB.

I been checking everything and the cables were fine. Also I've disconnected de graphics card, changed the place of the ram but nothing changes.
I've realized it's not only the mouse that losses energy but also the pc freezes. Sometimes at the start of the windows installation other times before it, in the loading screen with the mother board logo.

Colif

Win 11 Master
remove 2tb hdd since pc can't detect it? it could be cause of freezes (maybe) since its still attached but not working properly. - Helps to only have 1 drive in PC when you install win 10 anyway, less choices.

try reducing ram amount down to 1 stick
try removing gpu

best idea is reduce installed parts down to bare minimums and see if that stops the freezing.

Do you have latest bios on motherboard?