Question Unusually low GPU temperature.

Sep 7, 2021
I have a rx msi 5700 gaming x with ryzen 5 3600. Two weeks ago I did a little dust cleaning. I noticed my GPU temperature was much lower than usual, it is 50-60 degress during intensive gaming Typically it's 70+ during gaming. When idle after a few minutes from turning on pc it is 49. Did something happen to my GPU? During gta v online there are no GPU rpm and extremely low fps and temperature.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When you gave your GPU a dusting, did you disassemble the GPU or merely get compressed air on the GPU's fin stack? I'd try disconnecting from the wall and display, removing the GPU from the system, pressing the power button for 30 seconds and then reseat the card before reconnecting everything. See fi that helps. On a side note, maybe try use DDU, then manually reinstall with the latest drivers for your GPU sourced from AMD's support site.

Sep 7, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When you gave your GPU a dusting, did you disassemble the GPU or merely get compressed air on the GPU's fin stack? I'd try disconnecting from the wall and display, removing the GPU from the system, pressing the power button for 30 seconds and then reseat the card before reconnecting everything. See fi that helps. On a side note, maybe try use DDU, then manually reinstall with the latest drivers for your GPU sourced from AMD's support site.
I merely got compressed air on the GPU's fin stack. I have done it a few Times with prevorius computers, there were no problems. I cleaned it two weeks ago, before it everything was perfect. And can you please describe your methods a little more premiery? I am not from English speaking country and I do not fully understand

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS