[SOLVED] Unwanted Reserved Drive (Partition) - How to Delete?

Nov 22, 2021
I want to get rid of a System Reserved and a Recovery partition created by accident. Can someone help with a safe deletion. This is a Win 10 system
I now have three partition on the main physical disk drive. The drive is divided into a 500MB System Reserved (E) drive marked as a Healthy (primary partition), a C drive of 231 GB System,Boot, Page File, Active, Crash Dump, Primary partition), and an unnamed 538 MB Healthy (Recovery partition).

This all came about because I used the Win 10 ISO DVD to try to find the Administrator password (I now know it can't be done). Now I want to get rid of System Reserved partition and the Recovery partition, because they were not there before, as I recall. ...get rid of in a safe way, BTW.
Hope you can help.

HP Compaq 8000 Elite Ultra-slim Desktop.

Nov 22, 2021
I would not suggest performing this as it contains information, but if your are dead set to remove it the answer can be found on a quick google search and looking at this page https://theitbros.com/remove-system-reserved-partition/#:~:text=Find the System Reserved partition and right-click it.,the necessary files available for the system’s needs.
I read that and now wonder: Is this partition present on every Win 10 boot drive? I don't recall it on mine.
Am I booting from it? How do I find out?
And:
What about the Recovery partition? Am I booting from that now? Can I delete it?

BTW: I Googled the topic extensively and did not find that entry you referred me to. I'm a bit puzzled as to how you found it.

TommyTwoTone66

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 24, 2021
Don’t remove these partitions. Windows uses them for all kinds of useful things other than recovery and backup. Whenever you install windows 7, 10 or 11 or creates them automatically, they’re not worth “tidying” and actually you will lose performance.

D

Deleted member 14196

This reminds me of the people that used to reorganize the windows files under the windows folder because they didn’t want it to look so messy. LOL you will break your computer and it probably won’t boot