Update: Intel Expands Our Battery Usage Testing At CES 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

abbadon_34

Distinguished
Please tell me the "Metro" reference in IE10 does not mean some forced Win8/Metro style interface. They've lost enough users to other browsers, do they want the rest to jump ship?

archange

Distinguished
May 7, 2007
[citation][nom]abbadon_34[/nom]Please tell me the "Metro" reference in IE10 does not mean some forced Win8/Metro style interface. They've lost enough users to other browsers, do they want the rest to jump ship?[/citation]

It's not "forced". On w8 you get applications specifically designed for touch input. Basically, you have two versions of IE10: the "regular" desktop one and the "Metro" version. The latter has re-placed the URL / search bar at the bottom and has larger, finger-friendly buttons. It also hides its bars for a full-screen browsing experience, which comes in handy on smaller tablet screens. Oh, and I don't use it. Dunno why, but it just doesn't appeal to me :p

vaughn2k

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
AMD should never had sold the (Imageon) Adreno to Qualcomm.. they should have been gaining business in the mobile business by now... Ruiz was a @*!!@$$...

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
Was interested to read about the predictions for this year.

In order to get the 5-10 hours of gameplay, Tegra 4 would need to run between 3.8 and 7.6 W. We're immensely curious to see if the company can do this.
Anand estimated a 8w TDP for a quad core A15, i think it was the Exynos....with that in mind...i think you're indeed right about your estimate...
nexus10-multitasking-annotated.jpg

The yellow line is the time he's gaming.

Intel claims that its Haswell architecture will be exerting influence in the same space as quad-core Cortex-A15-based devices by the end of the year.
True...Ivy Bridge's already dipped to 7w...

cangelini

Contributing Editor
Editor
Jul 4, 2008
[citation][nom]Kyuuketsuki[/nom]So... you list those 3 SoCs as defining the 2013 tablet space and completely ignore:1) Samsung's A15-based Exynos2) AMD's TemashThe heck?[/citation]
We didn't have that hardware on-hand in Vegas, but certainly would like to add those numbers!

mayankleoboy1

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
The only noteworthy point i see here is how much Tegra3 sucks.
Makes me wonder what the hell was MS thinking when it chose T3 as the heart of their main product, and a showcase of WinRT. Has MS management gone completely crazy ?

mayankleoboy1

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
[citation][nom]ojas[/nom]vy Bridge's already dipped to 7w...[/citation]

That was marketing BS. FUD 101.
Read the updated reports, which clearly say that those chips are 13W really.

Status
Not open for further replies.