Update of WINDOWS 10 seems *******

Boy07

Commendable
Nov 1, 2016
Can't install Nvidia driver,it says"it is not compatible with this version of windows".Onboard IntelHD graphics is Disabled.So googled it and decided to download update.My current OS is Windows 10 x64.But the intial download took more than 5 hrs! and even after that it again got back to 1%!!!The big problem is I have lost the DVD,while shifting to new house.Please guys help me,it would be foolish to purchase a new one...So please provide me alternatives..

Solution
Colif is correct, you need to update Windows fully before installing your current video drivers.

You can certainly purchase Win 10 on USB drives via retail outlets. You can also download the current version with your product key (but a slow connection will still be a problem). You may just need to let your slow connection perform the needed updates and just wait.

Colif

Win 11 Master
what version of win 10 are you on?
right click start button
type winver and press enter

if you on anything other than 1607 you need to update to latest version. To avoid having to do it too many times, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB. Then just run the set up on the USB from inside file explorer, it will update you to latest version. Will help to d/c PC from internet while upgrading.

Its easier to make USB as if upgrade doesn't work, you don't have to download it all again.

Colif

Win 11 Master
wow, that is an old build you have there, that is the original one ever released.

I think the 1060 drivers need latest version of Win 10 as the old version doesn't know what a 1060 is

download the USB and upgrade using it. If it keeps failing, I would think about a fresh install of win 10 instead.

Colif

Win 11 Master
At 1Mbit/s? that is going to take a while, and if it loses its connection, it might just start again.

I still wonder if there is a way to buy the ISO on USB, it makes sense to me for regions like mine where most people don't have 100Mbit connections or even close to that. I know a reason why they might not, as some people might think its a legit windows install and doesn't need a licence, but its feels short sighted.

you shouldn't have to buy a new licence to get it on USB from Microsoft. I can't find anything on it, I would ask Microsoft direct if they have a better idea.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Colif is correct, you need to update Windows fully before installing your current video drivers.

You can certainly purchase Win 10 on USB drives via retail outlets. You can also download the current version with your product key (but a slow connection will still be a problem). You may just need to let your slow connection perform the needed updates and just wait.

Solution

Boy07

Commendable
Nov 1, 2016

Finally its done!!!But how to delete an useless partition: https://snag.gy/qOZAEX.jpg

Colif

Win 11 Master
How many drivers do you have?

can you right click this PC on desktop and select manage
in next window, left column, click disk management
open window fully so you can see middle column
Can you share a screen shot of what it shows?

TRENDING THREADS