[SOLVED] Updated Windows and now my Audio in game is weird

Aug 17, 2019
Hi! So 2 nights ago now there was a mandatory windows 10 Update before i shut down my PC, As normal I let it update then went to bed, come next morning I boot up and load into CSGO and boom my audio is all out of wack, everything sounds distorted and echo'y, I looked in my windows audio setting and in-game audio and nothing had been changed so im honestly really confused here, what in the windows update could have done this and is there anyway i can fix it? Im running Windows 10 Pro Version 1903, but that says its been installed since 8/18/2019. So the update i received was

"Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems (KB4515384)"

I also received 2 other updates

"Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64 (KB4514359)"

and

"Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems (KB4516115)"

Note: The audio is only messed up when I go into a game, Watching Youtube and listening to music works perfectly fine.

Solution
There are a LOT of sound issues associated with 1903, from stuttering to muffled sound to no sound.

After going to full software sound for everyone back in Windows 8 (even for people who have expensive hardware sound cards), you'd expect this kind of issue would never occur, but it has. Roll back or wait for a patch, they say they're working on it.
There are a LOT of sound issues associated with 1903, from stuttering to muffled sound to no sound.

After going to full software sound for everyone back in Windows 8 (even for people who have expensive hardware sound cards), you'd expect this kind of issue would never occur, but it has. Roll back or wait for a patch, they say they're working on it.

Solution
Aug 17, 2019

Thx!, I will try to uninstall the update and go from there

Sep 22, 2019
Hi! I had the same problem. What I did was run the msconfig.exe and selected the Boot tab. Select Advanced Options and go to the Maximum Memory Bok and set the value to 3072. I restarted my laptop and my audio was back,

I hope this helps.