Question Updating an old BIOS

archimess

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2016
Hello,

I have a Foxconn P67A/P67A-S motherboard that has been discontinued and all of Foxconn support sites are gone.
But I've managed to find BIOS updates that are for my motherboard.
I need to update the BIOS because I want to update this old machine from an i7 2600 to a i7 3770k CPU and from an GTX 1070 to an RTX4060TI GPU.
Currently when adding either of these components, the PC doesn't boot.

The current BIOS is AMI. version A46F1020 23/02/2011.

There are two different updates but I don't know in which order they were released.
- A46F1025 - Fixed add PCIE device S3 failed and Fixed halt on not show massage issue;
- C3CF1P01 - Support Ivy Bridge CPU;

So, my question is - How do I update my BIOS?
Do you need to update gradually, or would the last update contain all the previous ones?
Also, since I don't know in which order these updates were released, would it be a problem if it comes to reverting back to the older version while testing what works?

archimess

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2016
As far as the i7 2600 to the i7 3770 there the same for the most part.

Is your motherboard set to UEFI or legacy bios.

If on legacy the new hot rod RTX 4060ti will just black screen.

Where did you source the bios updates from.
It's set to UEFI.

I know that they are pretty much the same, I'm just hoping to get something extra from the newer one.

I have linked the files in the post, but its drivers.plus - some Italian site from what I can see.
I've searched a lot until I actually came to a site where I can download the files.

Jan 12, 2024
Hey, i have the same motherboard and i wanna update the bios too,
Can you tell me what you managed to do?
which bios version did you use? And how did you update
I would appreciate the help
Another question, do you have the option to switch between legacy and uefi? I cant find it in my bios settings

archimess

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2016
Hey, i have the same motherboard and i wanna update the bios too,
Can you tell me what you managed to do?
which bios version did you use? And how did you update
I would appreciate the help
Another question, do you have the option to switch between legacy and uefi? I cant find it in my bios settings
I didn't have the time go get this done.
Couldn't risk it while I had ongoing projects for work.

I already have everything I need. Managed to find a walkthrough for updating this motherboard as well.

I still don't know if I should gradually update all the updates or just the newest one.
But I will try going one by one and see what happens.

I will do it over this next week and report back here.

PS. I'll let you know what was the "trick" to set the bios in uefi-mode, as well.

Jan 12, 2024
Thanks for your reply, i did try to flash the bios, i flashes the one called C3CF1P01
It said the bios size doesnt match, i tried the other one and it flashes successfuly, i rebooted, i saw that the bios version is still the same, i went to bios settings and it was very stuttery, i knew i messed things up, i rebooted again, and my motherboard was bricked stuck on debug led code 0d, i dont know if i did anything wrong, so if you dont need to update, dont.
Iwas trying to update because i couldnt get into uefi windows, i thought that was the fix.
And as you know unfortunatly this motherboard doesnt have a backup bios chip or a way to flash a bios when its not posting.
Anyways i will try to take it to a repair shop maybe flash the backup bios directly to the chip and fix it,
Could you tell me the trick to switch it to uefi? Appreciate it

archimess

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2016
I will be flashing using this method - LINK
It seems the most dependable.

I don't have a choice nor care at this point.
I would like to get a year out of this PC which is quite old but handles well given the the 3D intensive stuff I put it through.
If I brick it, I'll just need to do an update sooner.
I have a new and very expensive GPU just sitting on the table...

Jan 12, 2024
I will be flashing using this method - LINK
It seems the most dependable.

I don't have a choice nor care at this point.
I would like to get a year out of this PC which is quite old but handles well given the the 3D intensive stuff I put it through.
If I brick it, I'll just need to do an update sooner.
I have a new and very expensive GPU just sitting on the table...
Good luck with your flashing, let me know if it works
I didnt move the MFG jumper, maybe that caused it to fail