Question Updating nvidia driver gave blue screen?

Bob1nba

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
I just built my new PC and everything has been running smoothly. I did a fresh install of my nvidia drivers through the nvidia website the first time after booting up. I noticed another update last night to version 466.77 in GeForce experience so I decided to just grab the new version.
After installing it, my PC hit a blue screen and said something went wrong and it had to restart. It restarted and the driver was installed and everything seems to he working fine. Has anyone heard of this happening before? I've always updating the drivers on my previous PC and have never once had that happen.

Morugs

BANNED
Mar 20, 2021
I just built my new PC and everything has been running smoothly. I did a fresh install of my nvidia drivers through the nvidia website the first time after booting up. I noticed another update last night to version 466.77 in GeForce experience so I decided to just grab the new version.
After installing it, my PC hit a blue screen and said something went wrong and it had to restart. It restarted and the driver was installed and everything seems to he working fine. Has anyone heard of this happening before? I've always updating the drivers on my previous PC and have never once had that happen.

No idea what might have caused this, in your case i would use DDU - display driver uninstaller, boot windows in save mode and do the clean gpu driver uninstallation, then reboot and download the exact driver for your specific GPU here: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us
Ofcourse use the recommended/ceertified.

And this is just my opinion, but you dont need geforce experience at all.

Bob1nba

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
No idea what might have caused this, in your case i would use DDU - display driver uninstaller, boot windows in save mode and do the clean gpu driver uninstallation, then reboot and download the exact driver for your specific GPU here: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us
Ofcourse use the recommended/ceertified.

And this is just my opinion, but you dont need geforce experience at all.

I haven't really played any games since this happened since it happened last night so im not sure if this is gonna cause any issues or not, hopefully it was just a fluke thing and doesn't happen again. If it persists I know how to do a clean driver install so I would just do that.