Question upgrade a motherboard, processor, memory and storage using a Dell Precision T7400 case

May 14, 2022
Can I upgrade a motherboard, processor, memory and storage using a Dell Precision T7400 case?
If so, what do you recommend?

USAFRet

Titan
Can I upgrade a motherboard, processor, memory and storage using a Dell Precision T7400 case?
If so, what do you recommend?
Why?
The case is generally the least expensive component.

You'd also likely need a new PSU.
So a whole new system. Just get a new ATX compatible case to go with it.

For the parts....start here:

May 14, 2022
Thanks for the answer and the comment, I'll explain

The computer works fine, but lacks a hardware update.
I want to have an NVMe M 2 as a boot device, but the motherboard does not have this possibility.
I have installed an SSD as a boot disk but it does not have the speed of the manufacturer, it is much lower. Run at the maximum speed allowed by the motherboard.
I bought a card to solve the problem, but the motherboard does not have a connection, I could not install it.

So I think the best way to upgrade is by changing the motherboard. I understand that I must also change the CPU and ram memory.
But I already have all the other components and I think they should work with the new motherboard.

I consider the case ventilation system to be very good, the power source is 750 W, I just changed it, and I already have the new devices but they don't run at the expected speed.

If I could just upgrade the motherboard with an NVMe M2 connection and put in SSDs that run at their manufacturer speed, that would be ideal for me.

Any recommendation?

TRENDING THREADS