Upgrade and rollback from Windows 10 broke my Ethernet

barmor

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2008
Seem to have lost the original question. Anyway, an upgrade to and rollback from Windows 10 broke Ethernet access, troubleshooting returns the "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration" error. Never had any issue with the Ethernet in Windows 8.1 until the rollback,

Already tried some of the standard troubleshooting: reinstalling LAN card drivers, winsock stack reset, checking the were connections, rebooting router, etc, and no luck.

Where do I start tracking this down? thanks!

barmor

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2008
Ok, hmm. Well, the last thing I did before calling it quits tonight what run the Intel PROSet diagnostics tools that came with the installation disk. I have no idea what that process did, but Ethernet use was restored immediately after running the tools....so, solved?

wassmer

Reputable
Sep 17, 2015
I liked win10 but was incompatible with some of my hardware and did not allow me to stream from any folder - so I rolled back to win 7 pro 64 only to lose LAN connectivity completely. Troubleshooter just stoically states that there might be a problem with my networking controller and regardless what I am doing and how often I install the motherboard drivers and updates it does not go away. I really do not want to go through a clean install - any suggestions???

Tom