[SOLVED] Upgrade GPU or crossfire with it?

kon.stamoulis.00

Reputable
Oct 29, 2017
I have an MSI r9 380 gaming 4G and I am upgrading my CPU to ryzen 5 3600. The mobo will be msi x470 gaming pro.
In the future I will want to upgrade my GPU. Should I replace it or will it be better to crossfire it with another one?

Solution
kon.stamoulis.00 In order to answer this question, what are the main games that you play? Few games play well with SLI and Crossfire, although I will tell you that Overwatch and Ark Survival play well with SLI; speaking from experience. But generally you're much better off getting one powerful card. My general answer is already stated, but if you wouldn't mind answering, could I ask what your full "current" specs are including your current CPU and motherboard, as well is all other components (ram, and storage models and amounts) including your power supply's manufacturer and model number? Also, is your current display 1080p at 60 Hz or something other? How much are you planning on spending toward your new CPU and...
kon.stamoulis.00 In order to answer this question, what are the main games that you play? Few games play well with SLI and Crossfire, although I will tell you that Overwatch and Ark Survival play well with SLI; speaking from experience. But generally you're much better off getting one powerful card. My general answer is already stated, but if you wouldn't mind answering, could I ask what your full "current" specs are including your current CPU and motherboard, as well is all other components (ram, and storage models and amounts) including your power supply's manufacturer and model number? Also, is your current display 1080p at 60 Hz or something other? How much are you planning on spending toward your new CPU and motherboard?

Last edited:
Reactions: kon.stamoulis.00
Solution

kon.stamoulis.00

Reputable
Oct 29, 2017
Thanks for your answers! When I will upgrade I will just get a new GPU.

kon.stamoulis.00 In order to answer this question, what are the main games that you play?
I play games like pro evolution, nba 2k, gta, assassin's creed etc.

My general answer is already stated, but if you wouldn't mind answering, could I ask what your full "current" specs are including your current CPU and motherboard, as well is all other components (ram, and storage models and amounts) including your power supply's manufacturer and model number? Also, is your current display 1080p at 60 Hz or something other? How much are you planning on spending toward your new CPU and motherboard?

My PC now:
i5 2400
8gb ddr3 ram hyperX 1333Mhz
asrock h61 pro btc
msi gaming r9 380 4g
500gb samsung 850 evo +some hdds
CORSAIR VS SERIES VS650 - 650W
CASE ZALMAN Z3 PLUS BLACK (all fans in place.)

My pc after the upgrade I am planning:
Ryzen 5 3600
G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB (2x8GB) 3200MHz DDR4
MSI X470 Gaming Pro
msi r9 380 gaming 4g(keeping)
500gb samsung 850 evo +some hdds(keeping)
Corsair CX Series CX650 650W
CoolerMaster MasterLiquid ML240L RGB
CoolerMaster MasterBox MB530P Tempered Glass RGB

I am playing at my 50inch 4k tv at 1080p 60hz

Last edited: