Nov 23, 2020
Hey all I’m just looking for some solid advice here. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberp...-1tb-hard-drive-black/5833100.p?skuId=5833100
This link is to my current model and specs. What I’m looking for is advice for the most economical, and impactful upgrades that will not drain the bank. I will let you o ow that I’ve been playing COD but it performs very bad, to the point that I can’t play it. That is the game in the short term that I want to be able to play smoothly. Thank you in advance!

Solution
I don't know what the motherboard in that system is, but considering its weak specs and presumably very cheap price point, I'm going to guess A320. That won't let you upgrade the CPU past first gen Ryzen, so I'd go for a B450 motherboard (MATX if you need to be economical), and something like a Ryzen 5 2600. That should be alright for your performance, but that RAM might not cut it. I'd go for 16 gigs, it's typically around $70. In total, that's about $300. Here are some recommendations for those parts:

Motherboard
RAM
CPU

You can swap those parts into your existing case, put the GPU in the new motherboard, plug in the SATA for your storage, front panel connectors/fans, and you'll be good to go. At some point you'll...

iiSlashr

Reputable
Mar 10, 2019
I don't know what the motherboard in that system is, but considering its weak specs and presumably very cheap price point, I'm going to guess A320. That won't let you upgrade the CPU past first gen Ryzen, so I'd go for a B450 motherboard (MATX if you need to be economical), and something like a Ryzen 5 2600. That should be alright for your performance, but that RAM might not cut it. I'd go for 16 gigs, it's typically around $70. In total, that's about $300. Here are some recommendations for those parts:

Motherboard
RAM
CPU

You can swap those parts into your existing case, put the GPU in the new motherboard, plug in the SATA for your storage, front panel connectors/fans, and you'll be good to go. At some point you'll want to upgrade that GPU, but your 580 should suffice for the time being.

Solution