Upgrade my GPU

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ivan chandra

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2011
I'm still new in this, I want to ask you a little and hopefully you guys can help ... :)

now I'm interested in asus mars II and wanted to buy it but I already have a GTX 590 and did not want to sell it, can i use both in one system? if i can, what should I do so both can work maximum? can it cause bottleneck? is there another way to avoid the bottleneck?

specifications that I use now :

Maximum 4 extrem-Z
2600k (not OC)
Corsair H100
16 gig ram
corsair 1200w gold series
gtx 590
HAF X
2x asus ML248H monitor

or maybe I should just wait for next-gen GPU?

I use this system only for gaming and do not have experience in overclock the CPU or GPU.

thanks in advance :)

Solution
I believe Robjordy is correct, you will have issues trying to sli a dual 580 and 590, the least of which is that (if you can accomplish a sli), the 590 will be slowing down the Mars II. The 590 is running at 630 MHz in sli, the Mars II is running two 580s in sli at 782 MHz. If the cards can be sli'd you'd have a monster, but with few apps that cane even touch the hardware. I'd save the $$ & wait for the 600 series next year.

ivan chandra

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2011

let's pray that the crisis did not spread and can be controlled, we feel the impact here too, all imported goods become rare and very expensive :cry: