Question Upgrade my pc

RonaldJD

Honorable
Apr 6, 2015
I want to upgrade my pc ram to ddr4. But to upgrade to ddr4 i have to also upgrade my motherboard and cpu.

Right now i have:
Motherboard
: MSI Z97 Gaming 5
Processor: Intel core i7-4790k
Ram: DDR3 16GB
GPU: GTX 1080TI
Storage: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB

i was recommended to get these things but i wanted to ask here first.

Recommendation:
Motherboard
: MSI B450 GAMING PLUS MAX
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX - 32GB - DDR4 3000 Mhz

RonaldJD

Honorable
Apr 6, 2015
30-50 FPS with a GTX 1080TI ? You're playing in 4K right? No way this is 1080p / 1440p fps.

And you should definitely get 3600 MHz ram for that ryzen.
I am playing on Quad HD, i been playing this Archeage game for a while and the fps is very low. Also on some other games when there are alot of things happening fps drop like crazy.

2plash6

Reputable
BANNED
Jul 23, 2019
What is your budget? You know your components you have are pretty good to begin with.
I need to upgrade.
The real question is: "should I upgrade?"
I would say you would not need any upgrades in a long time.
Your components are not obsolete. I just got a 4770k to put in an optiplex(I actually did). Why? because it is a good CPU. Really good. If it was bad, than I would not buy it.
:nomouth:
And your CPU is even better than mine.
Or maybe overclock your CPU if it is not overclocked already, and that is your upgrade.
But I just want to say that your specs are not "bad". Some parts are old, but not bad.
Your CPU must not be bottlenecking your 1080 ti or ram. If it is, than it is running at an extremely low clock speed. Like an underclocked speed.
And upgrading is not necessary in my opinion.

RonaldJD

Honorable
Apr 6, 2015
What is your budget? You know your components you have are pretty good to begin with.

The real question is: "should I upgrade?"
I would say you would not need any upgrades in a long time.
Your components are not obsolete. I just got a 4770k to put in an optiplex(I actually did). Why? because it is a good CPU. Really good. If it was bad, than I would not buy it.
:nomouth:
And your CPU is even better than mine.
Or maybe overclock your CPU if it is not overclocked already, and that is your upgrade.
But I just want to say that your specs are not "bad". Some parts are old, but not bad.
Your CPU must not be bottlenecking your 1080 ti or ram. If it is, than it is running at an extremely low clock speed. Like an underclocked speed.
And upgrading is not necessary in my opinion.
Well Brother Thank you for the information but i still got that 'Upgrade'

https://ibb.co/rZY84ZC

I hope this will boost my performance and improve my gameplay tbh.

RonaldJD

Honorable
Apr 6, 2015
Looks good!
yo man you got any time to help me out, i am having a problem. I put all components on pc but now pc wont turn on only when i decharge it and plug it in. It turns on for like 1 sec and then turns off again. you maybe have Discord or something so i can show you? maybe you can help add me MrRonaldJD #9172

RonaldJD

Honorable
Apr 6, 2015
Oh I didn't realize he already purchased and installed everything. There should be a diagnostic led (EZ Debug LED) on the motherboard. Find out what light is lit in he motherboard's manual.
i was looking at it but i dont see any LED - also the problem is very weird and i think the mobo is malfunctioning.

https://ibb.co/KbXhFKS

When i plug in the pc it wont boot but when i dicharge the bios and turn it on, it turns on for a sec and goes back off. The if i try to start it again i have to go again and dicharge it and it turns on for a sec again.