Question Upgrade OnBoard ram

Sep 13, 2019
Hey guys!

So I have recently bought the HP Spectre x360 15-df0032nb for my school usage.
It comes with 8 GB Onboard ram (solderd, as if i understand correctly) and I have the issue that it is not enough...

I have spoken with HP support and they say the laptop does support 16 GB ram, but if its solderd, I cant upgrade it right? as bboth memory slots are used by a 4gb one. Is there a way I can desolder or however this can be called and make it both 8?

Notice: A similar post to my earlier one, but now I've got more confirmation from HP.

Sep 13, 2019
The guy on the video showed you two 8GB sticks installed, but said there are reports of 32GB working fine despite HP claiming 16GB was the maximum.
Yes, HP said it was entirely solderd and not available to upgrade. I am really confused why they say that if I coud just replace the ram like that to upgrade. Any thoughts?

Because they are trying to sell you a new laptop? Seriously, Tier 1 support isn't known to be accurate as all they know how to do is to read off a script (have you tried turning it off and on again?). When there's no script for your question, they don't know what to do.

It's not like they were the engineers that designed the laptop.

Reactions: Mika2000
Sep 13, 2019
Because they are trying to sell you a new laptop? Seriously, Tier 1 support isn't known to be accurate as all they know how to do is to read off a script (have you tried turning it off and on again?). When there's no script for your question, they don't know what to do.

It's not like they were the engineers that designed the laptop.

Thank you for this info sir. I will I guess go to my computerstore to let them open it and confirm. I can't thank you enough if this is correct.