Upgrade possibilities for prebuilt CyberPowerPC

Mar 16, 2018
I am need of a PC soon and with the crypto-mining epidemic building my own isn't the best option currently. I've been looking around for a pre-built PC that's somewhere around 750 to 800 dollars that has a bit of upgrade-ability. I'm sure upgrading to 16 gb of ram in the near future is possible but is an upgrade to a better cpu or gpu possible? Like possibly a GTX 1070 in the next few years? Obviously I would need to upgrade the PSU for that. So basically I just wanna know how upgrade-able this PC is. Thanks in advance for the help.

Here is the link to the PC: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-gamer-xtreme-vr-desktop-intel-core-i5-7400-8gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-1tb-hard-drive-black-blue/5712949.p?skuId=5712949

Solution
On the CPU side of upgrades you can go upto a 7700k. I would reccomend looking at an AMD Ryzen PC. They will be supporting CPUs on the same socket through 2020.(AM4) On the GPU side you can go up to a 1080 ti and to the next gen. The only issue is that you will have to replace your PSU for some upgrades to meet the power requirement... I would reccomend more ram first though

USAFRet

Titan
New PSU
SSD
More RAM
Better GPU later (you know that's only the 1060 3GB, right?)
CPU, only within that same socket.

All possible.

One of the first things you should consider is a full wipe and reinstall of the OS. Get rid of all that initial bloatware.

Countgreen

Honorable
Jun 24, 2017
On the CPU side of upgrades you can go upto a 7700k. I would reccomend looking at an AMD Ryzen PC. They will be supporting CPUs on the same socket through 2020.(AM4) On the GPU side you can go up to a 1080 ti and to the next gen. The only issue is that you will have to replace your PSU for some upgrades to meet the power requirement... I would reccomend more ram first though

Solution