G

I have and ASUS k7v kx-133 MB, I am trying to upgrade for a 500 AMD athalon to a 900 amd athalon. I have tried in jumperless and jumpered modes but the system hangs up. I have not encounted this before witha processor upgrade. Any thoughts?

G

Is it possible the CPU is bad? Know anyone who could test it? Even if it's new, you never know....

The Jolly Wizened Oaf!

G

I too am having problems with an ASUS K7V and an AMD CPU (800MHz). I've swapped out the motherboard to no avail. I've tested the computational characteristics of the CPU using a tool called "The Troubleshooter" and it appears to be fine. The problem I'm having is it locks up after a 3D engine is initialized. I've tried the only video cards I have available to me, a Diamond Viper 550, and a Viper 770. Both cards perform fine in several other systems. I'm running Windows 98SE and 128MBs of PC133 SDRAM.

ASUS support is a nightmare! If you can get them to even respond! I bought the CPU at a trade show and AMD doesn't even warranty it!

Anyone able to solve this one?

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have an a7v and have run the ultra with no problems ( I now have a g-force 64 meg ddr) Quite honestly it was the easiest board i have set up to date. Hopefully the two of you both have been taken and posses internally modified CPU's. I suggest you clear the bios then start with the system defaults and see if that will let you boot at first, if not let me know.