Question Upgrade RAM HP All-in-one

Jul 27, 2022
Hi
I have HP All-In-One with AMD A6 7310 and RAM 8gb. I’m using my computer for photo editing (LR, PS). To improve the performance I want to upgrade RAM. Can I upgrade it to 32gb or will it be too much? Is 16gb enough? And what RAM shall I get
I don’t know much about computers:/ Thanks for the answer

Jul 27, 2022
What is the model of your AIO? A lot of these AIO systems cannot be upgraded as some of them have CPUs and memory that are soldered in place and aren't removable.
It’s 22-b066na I’m not sure if it helps. I have checked and RAM
What is the model of your AIO? A lot of these AIO systems cannot be upgraded as some of them have CPUs and memory that are soldered in place and aren't removable.
22-b066na i hope it helps. I checked and RAM is removable

You can't upgrade past 8GB because your system does not support it. The 8GB you are running now is the maximum that system supports. You will need something different if you want to increase memory capacity and truthfully those AIO systems are not really meant to be used for heavy graphics applications anyhow. They are meant for internet browsing and light office applications, maybe some video conferencing, etc. What you need is a desktop system and you will want to make sure that it either already has all the specs that you require OR has a case, motherboard and power supply that are not proprietary, using standard form factors so that upgrades are possible.

Here is the relevant section from the product page of your system.

Memory upgrade information

Single channel memory architecture
One DDR3L SODIMM (204-pin) socket
Supports up to PC3L-12800 (DDR3L-1600)
Supports 2 GB, 4 GB, and 8 GB SODIMMs
Supports up to 4 GB on 32-bit systems

note: 32-bit systems cannot address a full 4.0 GB of memory.

Supports up to 8 GB on 64-bit systems

note: Maximum memory shown reflects the capability of the hardware and can be limited further in the operating system.

Reactions: CompuGuy71
Jul 27, 2022
You can't upgrade past 8GB because your system does not support it. The 8GB you are running now is the maximum that system supports. You will need something different if you want to increase memory capacity and truthfully those AIO systems are not really meant to be used for heavy graphics applications anyhow. They are meant for internet browsing and light office applications, maybe some video conferencing, etc. What you need is a desktop system and you will want to make sure that it either already has all the specs that you require OR has a case, motherboard and power supply that are not proprietary, using standard form factors so that upgrades are possible.

Here is the relevant section from the product page of your system.

Memory upgrade information

Single channel memory architecture
One DDR3L SODIMM (204-pin) socket
Supports up to PC3L-12800 (DDR3L-1600)
Supports 2 GB, 4 GB, and 8 GB SODIMMs
Supports up to 4 GB on 32-bit systems

note: 32-bit systems cannot address a full 4.0 GB of memory.

Supports up to 8 GB on 64-bit systems

note: Maximum memory shown reflects the capability of the hardware and can be limited further in the operating system.
Thank you so much for your help. Now I have a full picture:)

DSzymborski

Titan
Thank you so much for your help. Now I have a full picture:)

Next time you upgrade, I would strongly urge getting something that isn't an all-in-one. Most of the time what happens with them is that they end up basically as inconvenient-to-move laptops, and basically end up as disposable PCs, guaranteed to one day become e-waste. That's not saying you have to build your own whizbang PC or anything, there are even relatively inexpensive prebuilts that you'll have the ability to upgrade.

Reactions: AnnaS77
And, you probably want to download and install something like HWinfo (Download, install it, run it, choose "sensors only" and uncheck the "Summary" option) and with it open run whatever you typically run that makes you think you are running out of memory and see how much memory you are ACTUALLY using, because memory may not be your problem. I think the bottom line here is that the system itself is simply relatively weak when it comes to CPU, memory and graphics performance because it was never intended for this kind of work. Could even be related to the condition of the Windows installation or an old slow drive.

Hi
I have HP All-In-One with AMD A6 7310 and RAM 8gb. I’m using my computer for photo editing (LR, PS). To improve the performance I want to upgrade RAM. Can I upgrade it to 32gb or will it be too much? Is 16gb enough? And what RAM shall I get
I don’t know much about computers:/ Thanks for the answer
You can not upgrade the ram you are at the max now.

Perhaps swap the hdd for a ssd that will help move things along.

Do not run any unneeded background stuff.....make it skinny.

Jul 27, 2022
Next time you upgrade, I would strongly urge getting something that isn't an all-in-one. Most of the time what happens with them is that they end up basically as inconvenient-to-move laptops, and basically end up as disposable PCs, guaranteed to one day become e-waste. That's not saying you have to build your own whizbang PC or anything, there are even relatively inexpensive prebuilts that you'll have the ability to upgrade.
Yeah I will do. Shame I didn’t know all that when I was choosing a computer. Thank you so much for your help☺️

So, when you swapped the HDD for an SSD, did you do a clean install of Windows or did you clone your existing Windows installation to the new drive? Because a fresh Windows installation can often make worlds of difference. Years of installing programs, Windows updates and patches, downloads, uninstalling programs that leave orphaned registry entries, and so on, can really bog a system down and a clean install can often bring back 30-40% more snappiness.