popeyejohnson

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
i will have £200 to upgrade my sig rig next week, how would you spend for maximum effect for gaming and transcoding? (with explanation of why) (im not buying an i5, too much with mobo) my res is 1440 900,
thanx

What is your main concern? Do you want better gaming or better transcoding?
That Mobo only supports a 95w CPU, So try to find the best CPU for the socket then we can see how much is left for GPU. I don't have time to look the stuff up right now, I'll try to get more info to you later, if someone else does not get to it first.

popeyejohnson

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
motherboard supports 125w tdp - source
http://uk.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM3Plus/M5A78LM_LX_V2/#specifications
was thinking of fx series, bulldozer specifically as i have a decent cooler allready but cant get my phenom x3 (x2 unlocked) above 3.2 with out crashes in p95 or trancoding, (but i did get it 2nd hand and snapped a pin from a corner! possibly why it doesnt want to fly like the others!) i was thinking bulldozer as seeing as vishera is now out they should have a decent price reduction no? 6200 can be had for around £100 at my local pc shop,
as for better gaming or transcoding, well both! im not a massive gamer, nor a massive transcoder but i do a bit of both and would like to do it faster/better!

chairsgotoschool

Honorable
Oct 6, 2012

i'd recomend either bulldozer or vishera both great vishera is better of course, the 6100 is 105 USD at newegg i dont think you will see much of a difference in the 6200 and why not get the 6300 its about the same price and is only a 95w and has more power