[SOLVED] Upgrade to Ryzen 4000 Series + new MB?

Jimmidk

Honorable
Jun 22, 2015
Hi guys

I have a B450 itx mb with a 1600x cpu, and 2x8gb 3200mhz ram.

My question is, should i get the 4000 Series cpu when it comes and upgrade my MB to a X570 (B550 is too close in price to not get the X570 here i Denmark).
Or should i just get a cheap second hand 3600(x) and keep my mb and whait a couble of years for new cpu’s and DDR5 ram?

I know my B450 MB might get the bios Beta to run the 4000 Series, but some says they won’t recommend it. Thats why i will go for the X570. But will it be a good idea to upgrade MB + CPU now when new Technology is just a year or two away?
I Don’t think my 1600x will be suffice 2 years on. It is OC to 4,05ghz and that is MAX! And i can’t run my 3200mhz ram at 3200mhz stable. So they run 3000mhz.
A lot of questions and info, sorry:)

thanks.

Solution
My question is, should i get the 4000 Series cpu when it comes and upgrade my MB to a X570 (B550 is too close in price to not get the X570 here i Denmark).
The B550 may be overpriced now but if your plan is to buy one to go with a 4000-series CPU, prices will likely change and hopefully become more reasonable in the meantime. Depending on what model B550 or X570 you plan to get, you may also need to wait for updated board models that come with 4000-series compatible BIOS out of the box.

I wouldn't worry about which 500-series board to get for Ryzen 4000 until Ryzen 4000 has actually launched and been reviewed.

As for DDR5 and other stuff that may be coming in 2022, there rarely is any benefit to being an early adopter for new...

InvalidError

Titan
The B550 may be overpriced now but if your plan is to buy one to go with a 4000-series CPU, prices will likely change and hopefully become more reasonable in the meantime. Depending on what model B550 or X570 you plan to get, you may also need to wait for updated board models that come with 4000-series compatible BIOS out of the box.

I wouldn't worry about which 500-series board to get for Ryzen 4000 until Ryzen 4000 has actually launched and been reviewed.

As for DDR5 and other stuff that may be coming in 2022, there rarely is any benefit to being an early adopter for new memory as clocks, timings and prices are usually worse for the first year or two.

Reactions: Makaveli
Solution

Jimmidk

Honorable
Jun 22, 2015

As for DDR5 and other stuff that may be coming in 2022, there rarely is any benefit to being an early adopter for new memory as clocks, timings and prices are usually worse for the first year or two.
So you recommend that i wait for the B550 to drop in price, like around the time the Ryzen 4000 comes, and get one of those, for using the next 4-5 years? Maybe get a X570 if they drops too?

InvalidError

Titan
So you recommend that i wait for the B550 to drop in price, like around the time the Ryzen 4000 comes, and get one of those, for using the next 4-5 years? Maybe get a X570 if they drops too?
There is no point rushing into a motherboard you cannot make meaningful use of until you get a new CPU. As far as prices dropping for X570 is concerned, most of those boards have been out for nearly a year now, the bulk of whatever price drops they were going to get while they are still the current premium lineup has already happened, don't expect them to drop much again until AMD launches the 600-series replacements.

Reactions: CountMike

Jimmidk

Honorable
Jun 22, 2015
There is no point rushing into a motherboard you cannot make meaningful use of until you get a new CPU. As far as prices dropping for X570 is concerned, most of those boards have been out for nearly a year now, the bulk of whatever price drops they were going to get while they are still the current premium lineup has already happened, don't expect them to drop much again until AMD launches the 600-series replacements.

Okay, i'll wait and see what happens with the X570/B550 pricewise when the Ryzen 4000 cpu launches. I can't use any of the two Mb atm, anyway because of my 1600x cpu, so it won't do any good upgrading the MB now.

Thanks