Question Upgraded CPU no display

Aug 11, 2024
Hello,

I changed my i5 7400 to i7 7700k without updating my BIOS. Got no display nor did my keyboard and mouse show any sign of life. Googled and found out I had to take out the battery of my motherboard for a bit. Still didn't work. Changed back to my i5 7400 and now I get no display and my mouse and keyboard don't work. CPU and GPU fans turn on both occations.

Please help and thank you in advance.

Hello,

I changed my i5 7400 to i7 7700k without updating my BIOS. Got no display nor did my keyboard and mouse show any sign of life. Googled and found out I had to take out the battery of my motherboard for a bit. Still didn't work. Changed back to my i5 7400 and now I get no display and my mouse and keyboard don't work. CPU and GPU fans turn on both occations.

Please help and thank you in advance.

remove the bios battery also considering the age of the computer i would replace the 2032 battery with a new one this is a sanity check also recomend doing this to reset bios. before updating or changing out any processor make sure bios is in date and that the bios is set to default to prevent overclocks interupting the process.

Last edited: