[SOLVED] Upgraded CPU

Apr 1, 2020
I just received my GTX 1070 today. I upgraded from GTX 1060. I installed the 1070 and I couldn't install the drivers. They just don't seem to work. Also Im getting 30fps max on games like CSGO when I used to have 120FPS using my 1060. I have no idea what to do. It also looks like my intel graphics card is ahead of my 1070.

My specs are
i5-7600k
Prime Z270-P
16GB Ram

Solution
Can you download GPU Z and see if that authenticates the 1070? I remember a case a year or 2 ago where a persons device manager and all registered the card like a GTX 1060 but GPU Z showed it as a GTX 760 instead and opening the card up confirmed it. I am not saying your card may not be authenticated but it is better to be safer than sorry.

Can you use DDU to uninstall all previous drivers of the GPU in case there is still some conflicting and then retry the download?

As for the BIOS, download the latest version (as in whatever was the latest release). My MSI Z270 still has support so I doubt Asus pulled out of yours.
Apr 1, 2020
Upgrading from a GTX 1060 to a GTX 1070 should not have needed any driver update. They use the same driver package.

Where did you get the GTX 1070 from ? Did you purchase it, "New"?

-Wolf sends
I bought it off someone on ebay. Paid £200 for it, it came with disk installer and all the usual parts.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Does it show up under Device Manager --> Display Adapters as NVidia GeForce GTX 1070?
Do you have the card installed in the top PCI-Ex16 slot closest to your CPU?
Can you check to make sure it's installed firmly in the slot?
Can you check to make sure there's no dust in the PCI-Ex16 slot?

-Wolf sends

Apr 1, 2020
Does it show up under Device Manager --> Display Adapters as NVidia GeForce GTX 1070?
Do you have the card installed in the top PCI-Ex16 slot closest to your CPU?
Can you check to make sure it's installed firmly in the slot?
Can you check to make sure there's no dust in the PCI-Ex16 slot?

-Wolf sends
Yes it comes up saying NVidia GeForce GTX 1070
I think my motherboard is out of date. I have the Prime Z270-P 0321.

Very old motherboard

Kind Regards

Josh

Apr 1, 2020
Oh, I get the error message code 43
When I update the drivers they don’t seem to work. They don’t register so It makes me redownload them over and over again.

Apr 1, 2020
Yes. You mentioned that. Code 43 generally means the device is not recognized, however, since it shows up in device manager, it clearly is recognized. What is the exact model number of the card you purchased?

-Wolf sends
GeForce GTX 1070 Palit Super Jetstream 8GB GDDR5 256bit

that’s good news my motherboard is able to run it. I can’t update my BIOS tho because Asus don’t have one for my motherboard as it’s old. It’s a 2016 one

Can you download GPU Z and see if that authenticates the 1070? I remember a case a year or 2 ago where a persons device manager and all registered the card like a GTX 1060 but GPU Z showed it as a GTX 760 instead and opening the card up confirmed it. I am not saying your card may not be authenticated but it is better to be safer than sorry.

Can you use DDU to uninstall all previous drivers of the GPU in case there is still some conflicting and then retry the download?

As for the BIOS, download the latest version (as in whatever was the latest release). My MSI Z270 still has support so I doubt Asus pulled out of yours.

Solution
Apr 1, 2020

GPU Z did not have the GTX 1070 appear, it only had the intel one that appeared. However when I put my 1060 in it worked and it appeared.

I did DDU and uninstalled everything and it still didn’t work.
I will have another search for a BIOS update for my graphics card

Dec 16, 2019
It could just be a really degraded GTX 1070. Who knows how used products have been treated? Rn some benchmarks or something and compare those to the GTX 1060's scores.