[SOLVED] Upgraded my GPU but everything is a lot slower.

Dec 14, 2020
To begin with, please understand that I cannot afford more and I hope I won't be judged by what antiqitues I run.

I used to have an AMD Radeon HD 7850 2gb on the exact same setup as I have now, but I have bought and installed an AMD RX 480, the 8gb edition, Spahire Nitro to be more specific.
Since I have ''upgraded'' tho, everything is a lot more slower and I cannot understand why. To give an example, I play LoL with my brother regularly(helps me keep in touch with him, otherwise he's very introverted) and with the old card I was running at 120 fps maxed out but this one is very slow even on medium high.

What I've done so far to fix:

-Tried to switch the hdmi port
-Tried to switch the hdmi cable
-Ran DDU and re-installed the driver

Help please? It realy bothers me as it took me a while to put the money together to buy this card and now it dissapoints me.

Configuration:

MSI z97 Gaming 7 motherboard
Intel Core i5 4670K 3.40 Ghz (not overclocked)
16 GB DDR 3 1600mhz RAM

Solution
If a GPU has 8 pins, it needs 8 pins. If your PSU does not have the appropriate connections for the GPU then its not meant to power that GPU and needs to be swapped with a better and more reliable one.

A 600W PSU that does not come with a 8 pin connector is a BAD PSU. As I suspected, it can only output 432W at 12v rail so it's NOT a 600W PSU. Do swap it as soon as possible.
Dec 14, 2020
So the exact PSU is a delux dual-core supply model dlp-34a, max power 600W.
Temperatures are roughly 40-45 degrees when idling and about 60 when gaming.
Cable connected all the way in, altough the graphics card has an 8 pin connector (?) and the one comming from my...... power supply (?) is a 6 pin and i'm using it like that.
Does that have something to do with it?

If a GPU has 8 pins, it needs 8 pins. If your PSU does not have the appropriate connections for the GPU then its not meant to power that GPU and needs to be swapped with a better and more reliable one.

A 600W PSU that does not come with a 8 pin connector is a BAD PSU. As I suspected, it can only output 432W at 12v rail so it's NOT a 600W PSU. Do swap it as soon as possible.

Reactions: rickypicky5
Solution
Recommendations can be found in the first post of this thread:

Here is a tier list which I would advise you to pick tier B or above, or if you have a limited budget a tier C but certainly not lower than that.

Reactions: trogloditul