Sep 10, 2022
Hello,

I've upgraded my GPU from a gtx 1070ti to a 3080 12gb and I've noticed that my games are performing poorly. For example, when I play Rust I hardly get more than 75fps. I also experience some kind of fps latency? which makes my game freeze when I for example shoot.

My other specs are an I7-8086k with a Kraken x63 as cooler, 16gb of ram which is run at 2133mz, and an 850W power supply which is a Msi mpg A850GF. I have a rogstrix Z370-H motherboard.

Is there anything I can do to make Rust run a bit more smooth?

Did you do a clean install of the Nvidia drivers using the DDU when you changed graphics cards? Despite them both using the same or similar Nvidia drivers, we often find registry or other configuration problems when swapping to new cards even when they are from the same camp and that doing a clean install using the DDU often fixes these issues.

Also, do you have the MOST recent stable motherboard BIOS release installed? What BIOS version is currently installed? Did you change any other hardware in the recent past and when was the last time a clean install of Windows was done?

Reactions: Metal Messiah.
Sep 10, 2022
Hello,

Yes, I did a clean installation, I tried updating my bios now, and rust feels a bit better.

This is the bios currently running
BIOS-version and -date: American Megatrends Inc. 2203, 7.10.2019

before I upgraded my GPU I did an upgrade changing the power supply motherboard ram and CPU + cooler. And this was back in late 2020.

What do you mean by "reinstallation"? Because that can mean a lot of things and they all mean something different. Did you do a CLEAN install, where you delete all the existing partitions on the drive during the installation and then install to the unpartitioned, unformatted space, or did you do something else like a refresh, reset or restore? Because if you did not delete the hidden EFI boot partition during the installation by choosing the CUSTOM option and removing the C:, EFI and Recovery partitions, then your boot partition may still contain information from the previous installation which can tend to cause problems.

You are like two years out of date on BIOS version. You need to update to version 2701. There is no need to worry about versions in between. The latest version contains all previous versions.