Question upgraded my motherboard, and CPU, and now my system will not stop booting into the bios

Mar 27, 2024
I recently upgraded my motherboard and CPU, and now it won’t stop booting straight to the bios no matter what I do I’ve tried to clean, install windows from a flash drive, and it won’t install windows. I’ve tried unplugging all of my storage devices aside from my thumb drive with Windows 10 on it as well as trying to install with all of my drives connected and the boot drive and it still won’t install windows

My motherboard is a MSI B760 gaming
My new CPU is a 12th GEN I think I need Core i5-12 600 KF
My ram is two sticks of eight gigs of corsair vengeance DDR five at 5200 MHz

I can send photos of my bios and what’s going on whenever I try to boot from my flash drive, although I’m new at this and not sure how to do that, please help as I’m quite desperate to get this up and running today or as soon as possible because I need it for work.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I’ve tried to clean, install windows from a flash drive, and it won’t install windows.
Where did you source the installer for the OS?

I’ve tried unplugging all of my storage devices aside from my thumb drive with Windows 10 on it as well as trying to install with all of my drives connected and the boot drive and it still won’t install windows
You merely have the drive you intend to install the OS on, on your platform, all else drives can be removed/disconnected.

How are you cooling the processor? BIOS version for your motherboard? Did you try breadboarding the system?

Better yet, please pass on the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

zinkles

Commendable
Aug 24, 2022
what I do I’ve tried to clean, install windows from a flash drive, and it won’t install windows. I’ve tried unplugging all of my storage devices aside from my thumb drive with Windows 10 on it as well as trying to install with all of my drives connected and the boot drive and it still won’t install windows
"won't install Windows", do you mean that it boots into the installer, but fails to install?... or that it doesn't even boot into the installer?

Mar 27, 2024
I used the Microsoft creator tool thing to download win 10 to the thumb drive and also tried windows 11 (I’ve been running 10 before the upgrade)

My bios version is E7D98IMS.H30
The mobo is an MSI B760 Gaming
CPU cooler is a CORSAIR H100i RGB PLATINUM AIO

CPU is a Intel Core i5-12600KF Desktop Processor 10 (6P+4E) Cores up to 4.9 GHz Unlocked LGA1700 600 Series Chipset 125W
RAM - CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 RAM 16GB (2x8GB) 5200MHz CL40 Intel XMP iCUE Compatible Computer Memory - Black (CMK16GX5M2B5200C40)
My ssd are 1 Crucial MX500 1TB 3D NAND SATA 2.5 Inch Internal SSD, up to 560MB/s - CT1000MX500SSD1(Z)
-and two Samsung 250g ssd
GPU - EVGA 10G-P5-3897-KR GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING, 10GB GDDR6X, iCX3 Technology, ARGB LED, Metal Backplate

Case is a FSP E-ATX Mid Tower PC Gaming Case with 2 Translucent Tempered Glass

PSU- EVGA 850 B5, 80 Plus BRONZE 850W, Fully Modular, EVGA ECO Mode, 5 Year Warranty, Compact 150mm Size, Power Supply - 220-B5-0850-V1

My monitor is an 32” MSi Optix 1440p 165hz

My OS has been windows 10 for yeeears lol

This is all I can remember and find from my Amazon orders

Mar 27, 2024
"won't install Windows", do you mean that it boots into the installer, but fails to install?... or that it doesn't even boot into the installer?
Yes it will let me attempt to install but when it comes to the point of choosing my drive to install onto it doesn’t let me select any of them, and it says something about unable to use these due to partitions or something like that… otherwise, whenever I turn it on, it just goes straight into the bios

zinkles

Commendable
Aug 24, 2022
Yes it will let me attempt to install but when it comes to the point of choosing my drive to install onto it doesn’t let me select any of them, and it says something about unable to use these due to partitions or something like that… otherwise, whenever I turn it on, it just goes straight into the bios
could you attach a screenshot of that message please? (use imgur.com and put the link here)
it might be an issue with the drive.

JeffreyP55

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2015
I recently upgraded my motherboard and CPU, and now it won’t stop booting straight to the bios no matter what I do I’ve tried to clean, install windows from a flash drive, and it won’t install windows. I’ve tried unplugging all of my storage devices aside from my thumb drive with Windows 10 on it as well as trying to install with all of my drives connected and the boot drive and it still won’t install windows

My motherboard is a MSI B760 gaming
My new CPU is a 12th GEN I think I need Core i5-12 600 KF
My ram is two sticks of eight gigs of corsair vengeance DDR five at 5200 MHz

I can send photos of my bios and what’s going on whenever I try to boot from my flash drive, although I’m new at this and not sure how to do that, please help as I’m quite desperate to get this up and running today or as soon as possible because I need it for work.
It sounds like your boot drive is not being recognized by the BIOS. To install windows you need to have a working drive or you will get an error like the one you have been getting.