[SOLVED] Upgraded PC and experiencing mouse lag and audio crackling

jasheen

Commendable
Sep 6, 2018
Hello so I recently upgraded my PC and now I am experiencing problems. First off, if I leave my computer on for around 20 minutes, a random lag spike will occur and my mouse will suddenly have high input lag when I am on my desktop. Around the same time, my audio starts crackling and it is really obnoxious. If I restart my PC, those problems go away, but then come back in another 20 minutes. I've tried updating my drivers and reinstalling windows. Any help is appreciated!

Motherboard: x570 ASUS TUF
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x on stock cooler
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16gb 3200mhz
GPU: MSI 3060TI

Solution
change power settings in windows use windows power profile manager not ryzen.
check the drivers usb3 is of Microsoft default driver and not amd usb3.
and what mouse and keyboard you got is the rgb one.
And you completely format previous pc windows and installed new fresh one.
Hello so I recently upgraded my PC and now I am experiencing problems. First off, if I leave my computer on for around 20 minutes, a random lag spike will occur and my mouse will suddenly have high input lag when I am on my desktop. Around the same time, my audio starts crackling and it is really obnoxious. If I restart my PC, those problems go away, but then come back in another 20 minutes. I've tried updating my drivers and reinstalling windows. Any help is appreciated!

My initial thought would be a driver conflict (I am assuming the 3060TI is new), however if you have done a full reinstall of Windows that rules that out. Just to double check did you do a fresh install, or just 'patch' over the top of the existing one?

I am assuming you are running Windows 10? You can check to see if anything comes up in event viewer (type 'Event Viewer' into the search bar and run the app that comes up) - under the errors section look for any critical errors. That might give you a bit of info and point towards the cause of the issue.

A few more details are worth checking:
1: What Power Supply are you using? These new RTX cards are quite power hungry so require a strong power supply, if that is struggling it could lead to instability
2: What peripherals do you have plugged into the machine? Do you for example use any Bluetooth devices (audio headset for example)? Bluetooth stuff can cause weird issues
3: Are you running your machine at stock or overclock settings (for example is PBO enabled in the bios for the cpu, are you running memory at it's XMP settings)? If anything is overclocked it's worth dropping it back to default settings (in case of memory drop the speed to 2133) and see if the machine is more stable?
4: What bios version are you running on that motherboard? With issues like this it's always worth updating to the latest bios and see if that resolves anything

jasheen

Commendable
Sep 6, 2018
My initial thought would be a driver conflict (I am assuming the 3060TI is new), however if you have done a full reinstall of Windows that rules that out. Just to double check did you do a fresh install, or just 'patch' over the top of the existing one?

I am assuming you are running Windows 10? You can check to see if anything comes up in event viewer (type 'Event Viewer' into the search bar and run the app that comes up) - under the errors section look for any critical errors. That might give you a bit of info and point towards the cause of the issue.

A few more details are worth checking:
1: What Power Supply are you using? These new RTX cards are quite power hungry so require a strong power supply, if that is struggling it could lead to instability
2: What peripherals do you have plugged into the machine? Do you for example use any Bluetooth devices (audio headset for example)? Bluetooth stuff can cause weird issues
3: Are you running your machine at stock or overclock settings (for example is PBO enabled in the bios for the cpu, are you running memory at it's XMP settings)? If anything is overclocked it's worth dropping it back to default settings (in case of memory drop the speed to 2133) and see if the machine is more stable?
4: What bios version are you running on that motherboard? With issues like this it's always worth updating to the latest bios and see if that resolves anything

Hey man, thanks for responding. Sorry for the late response I was busy with uni lol.
  1. Power supply: just upgraded from 500W to 750W with no luck.
  2. Tested peripherals; different mice experienced same problems.
  3. Stock settings.
  4. Updated BIOS with no luck.

Still experiencing problems, :(

jasheen

Commendable
Sep 6, 2018

bump

Ds_Tech

Great
Jan 25, 2021
change power settings in windows use windows power profile manager not ryzen.
check the drivers usb3 is of Microsoft default driver and not amd usb3.
and what mouse and keyboard you got is the rgb one.
And you completely format previous pc windows and installed new fresh one.

Solution