Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 14, 2022
Asus strix b450 f gaming 2
Rog strix 750w psu
Ryzen 5800x (just installed)
32 gb trident z royal 3200 (16gb added)
Kraken z53 (just installed)
970 evo 500gb, boot drive (switched to different slot)
980 pro heatsink (just installed)
Rx6600

Just upgraded the wifes pc
pc boots up fine. I was in bios and the boot drive is not detected, just the new drive. Tried looking through bios but powers off after 60 seconds
Tried 3 times and it just shuts down. White light on mobo which is graphic error but i know that cant be why it powers off as ive dealt w this error a few time already
Kraken fan rgb is on but fans not spinning (would they not spin until needed?) and i saw something pop up on the pump screen for a second so i feel like it is installed correctly
Case fans on full blast, probably because boot drive not detected so no settings saved
Ideas?
Would the pc shutdown if the aio isnt setup properly?
i have psu cable extension on the gpu and cpu power could this be an issue with the new cpu? Worked fine before

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2022
Check the PC for Overheating. These days, computers are programmed to shut down after heating up to a certain temperature. This is a safety measure because damage to both hardware and software components can occur if your machine gets too hot.
If your Windows 10 PC shuts down abruptly, the first thing I would recommend you do is to check if it's overheating.
Yeah thats what i am assuming. Definitely the first thing i will tackle when i get the time

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.