[SOLVED] Upgrading a prebuilt,

Solution
So I have a prebuilt from HP with a motherboard but I would like to know what type it is and how I could upgrade specs on it for example here is some information
HP Desktop PCs - Motherboard Specifications, Stark | HP® Customer Support
BaseBoard Product 8860
BaseBoard Manufacturer HP
BaseBoard Version A (SMVB)

Is there a similar type of motherboard i can use for simulating my build on PC Building simulator
Just an FYI from a former owner of an HP prebuilt: just use the recommendations HP gives you on their support site for upgrades. Especially CPU since you're at their mercy for BIOS support but also for memory unless you're willing to take chances. Drives, especially SATA drives, should have broader support when...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
You have everything right there. What is your question?

H570 chipset is very late model. Supported CPUs are the currently available 11th gen i5 and i7. 2 DIMM slots, so you can get 32GB in there pretty easily.

They didn't provide a picture like they usually do, so can't really say much more. My guess would be proprietary features like the power supply and I/O, makes upgrades pretty complicated.

No, PC building simulator is likely to stick to off the shelf products.

So I have a prebuilt from HP with a motherboard but I would like to know what type it is and how I could upgrade specs on it for example here is some information
HP Desktop PCs - Motherboard Specifications, Stark | HP® Customer Support
BaseBoard Product 8860
BaseBoard Manufacturer HP
BaseBoard Version A (SMVB)

Is there a similar type of motherboard i can use for simulating my build on PC Building simulator
Just an FYI from a former owner of an HP prebuilt: just use the recommendations HP gives you on their support site for upgrades. Especially CPU since you're at their mercy for BIOS support but also for memory unless you're willing to take chances. Drives, especially SATA drives, should have broader support when straying from what HP recommends.

Aside from that your best way to expand the upgrade potential HP allows for is to look at squeezing an industry standard motherboard in the chassis. Which may or may not work and frequently depends on your mod skills. This is the second reason HP and Dell prebuilts are so hated...the first being their poor performance due to poorly configured proprietary, and locked down, BIOS's.

Solution
Pre built pc's are not designed to be upgraded.
You already have a very good processor, either 11600 or 11700.
Even if possible, there is little value in upgrading the cpu.

Ram can be upgraded in quantity up to 32gb.

If you want to do some serious gaming, you are likely out of luck.
Yes, you could install a graphics card, but not a strong one.
The psu is not listed the specs, likely a proprietary 300w unit.
The psu data plate will tell you.

You might possibly be able to install a card like a GT1030 or GTX1050 that does not require aux psu power.
Then, the issue may be the physical fit since the case seems proprietary.
A photo of the innards might help.

Evaporated

Honorable
Aug 9, 2016
Hey thanks for the responses everyone,

I have found out the power supply is a 350W and the card installed is a GTX 1660S with the processor being known as a I5-11400F

I essentially just wanted to know if buying a more power-loaded power supply would lead to any compatibility issues, as if all is well I may be able to install an RTX card in the future just for upgradibility and future proofing.

Per Nvidia specs, the 1660s requires 450w:

Your cpu is excellent.

Unfortunately, the motherboard is proprietary in form. It does not use a standard psu.

Your link shows a H570 lga1200 motherboard.

If you need better graphics, you are going to need not only a stronger psu, but a new motherboard and case for it. Ram can probably be reused.

Evaporated

Honorable
Aug 9, 2016
Per Nvidia specs, the 1660s requires 450w:

Your cpu is excellent.

Unfortunately, the motherboard is proprietary in form. It does not use a standard psu.

Your link shows a H570 lga1200 motherboard.

If you need better graphics, you are going to need not only a stronger psu, but a new motherboard and case for it. Ram can probably be reused.

Yeah I think I'm probably best off waiting until the shortage of graphics cards is over, and essentially creating my own pc but reusing some key parts, im guessing the 1660S i have is potentially a low wattage version, like a bite-sized card.