[SOLVED] Upgrading C: Drive

zathazar

Commendable
Jan 5, 2019
Currently I am running my C: Drive along, with a few other applications, on a 250Gb Corsair M.2 drive.
I am wanting to clone everything onto a 500Gb M.2 drive (OS and the other apps) but not sure on the right way to do it.

What is a good guide/application to use to transfer and clone the data?

Solution
There are all kinds of App's available to purchase or free ones to clone, I have done that once and afterwards I never felt like it did a awesome job of it and had this idea that my computer isn't 100% of witch all kinds of concerns witch arose from cloning bothered me.

Just format and partition new disk with windows custom setup, install windows on it and later install app's and software new, then copy over any other wanted files or games, and format your old disk if your are going to use that space too.

iTRiP

Honorable
Feb 4, 2019
There are all kinds of App's available to purchase or free ones to clone, I have done that once and afterwards I never felt like it did a awesome job of it and had this idea that my computer isn't 100% of witch all kinds of concerns witch arose from cloning bothered me.

Just format and partition new disk with windows custom setup, install windows on it and later install app's and software new, then copy over any other wanted files or games, and format your old disk if your are going to use that space too.

Solution
Currently I am running my C: Drive along, with a few other applications, on a 250Gb Corsair M.2 drive.
I am wanting to clone everything onto a 500Gb M.2 drive (OS and the other apps) but not sure on the right way to do it.

What is a good guide/application to use to transfer and clone the data?
There are a few clone utils available on the web.
Some have extra features some are basic.
I use aomei backupper free for a basic disk to disk clone.
Select input.
Select output.
Hit go.