[SOLVED] Upgrading CPU or RAM First?

Wirmaple73

Prominent
Apr 14, 2019
Hello guys, I want to Upgrade my PC. I have enough money for Upgrading Either RAM or CPU First. Which one should I Upgrade first to Increase Performance?

I Either have the Choice of Upgrading from Pentium G2020 to Intel Core I3-3250, or Upgrade my 4GB DDR3 1333 mhz RAM to 6GB DDR3 1333mhz
Any help would be Appreciated!

Last edited:
Solution
Well, if you upgraded to the i3 you would be looking at about a 50% performance increase over the Pentium. Your RAM isn't going to give you that kind of increase, but it will make running smoother. It all depends on what you are doing. For day to day things like web browsing you'll likely see more of an improvement from RAM. If you are doing things like gaming, or even office or school work, then the CPU should be your first upgrade.
Well, if you upgraded to the i3 you would be looking at about a 50% performance increase over the Pentium. Your RAM isn't going to give you that kind of increase, but it will make running smoother. It all depends on what you are doing. For day to day things like web browsing you'll likely see more of an improvement from RAM. If you are doing things like gaming, or even office or school work, then the CPU should be your first upgrade.

Reactions: Wirmaple73
Solution

Wirmaple73

Prominent
Apr 14, 2019
Thanks man, I'm Looking for Gaming, So I'll Buy a CPU First, then the RAM XD