Upgrading for playable SWTOR, $200 Budget

emno

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: The sooner the better BUDGET RANGE: $200 USD

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: The card is exclusively to play Star Wars: The Old Republic on my computer.

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: Intel G45/G43 Express Chipset (Integrated) - Power Supply 300W

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: ASUS Essentio Series, I have 2 PCI slots and 1 PCI express slot.

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Doesn't matter as long as it works - I like retailers best because I can go and just pick it up, as well as relaxed return policies, but I'll go with anything

PARTS PREFERENCES: I prefer bigger names (ATI/Radeon, NVIDIA, etc) just for reliability, but I can be convinced

OVERCLOCKING: No

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Maybe ??? Not really sure what this is

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1600 x 900

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: I just want to run SWTOR at a playable/ enjoyable frame rate. The better the graphics the happier I will be, but I understand 300W is very limiting. I currently meet the minimum requirements, with the performance limiting factor being my junk integrated video card. I can only get 8-12 frames per second currently, and it makes the game unenjoyable at best, unplayable at worst.

It does not have to run at the top settings, I just want it to be smooth/ playable. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

chewiebonez

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011