[SOLVED] Upgrading from a GeForce 9800 GT to a GT 1030

Sep 25, 2019
I've searched around quite a bit and it seems like the GT 1030 is supported by my P6T motherboard. However, what I don't get is: This site says it requires a PCIe 3.0 x4 slot, however the P6T has no PCIe 3.0 support (it does have a PCIe 2.0 x4 slot though). Would the GPU function normally if I plugged it in the PCIe 2.0 x4 slot? Or is the GT 1030 just not supported by the P6T motherboard in reality?
Also, would you guys be able to recommend be a better budget GPU?

Solution
This has been asked multiple times and it's been answered multiple times. You can find the answer through a search of the site but since i"m here, please keep in mind, that after the 1000 series cards from Nvidia and similar counterpart from AMD, all cards come with an UEFI VBIOS meaning that a BIOS without UEFI support will only net you a black screen in spite of having the system boot to OSes GUI.

You might want to also look around for the GTX750Ti as the last line of GPU's or a couple of revisions below.

Might want to also list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Lutfij

Titan
This has been asked multiple times and it's been answered multiple times. You can find the answer through a search of the site but since i"m here, please keep in mind, that after the 1000 series cards from Nvidia and similar counterpart from AMD, all cards come with an UEFI VBIOS meaning that a BIOS without UEFI support will only net you a black screen in spite of having the system boot to OSes GUI.

You might want to also look around for the GTX750Ti as the last line of GPU's or a couple of revisions below.

Might want to also list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Solution