[SOLVED] Upgrading from Asus h81 m-e to h85 m-g do I need to Re-install drivers?

Faaz__

Reputable
Mar 6, 2017
Solution
No, that is one of the possibilities when changing motherboards.
A full wipe and reinstall might be required.

It is near impossible to predict for any specific combination.
The closer together the parts (like yours)...greater chance of working.
But absolutely NO guarantee of success.
https://www.ubackup.com/universal-r...nd-cpu-without-reinstalling-windows-4348.html <<<This seems like its worth a shot & risk free with the AOMEI Backupper method and I will try it because I really don't want to re-install windows and lose the metric f***ton of customization's I made :LOL:

USAFRet

Titan
Well thats certainly not re-assuring... Is there anyway at all where I keep my windows installation? Its windows 10 Pro 64 bit btw.

Faaz__

Reputable
Mar 6, 2017

https://www.ubackup.com/universal-r...nd-cpu-without-reinstalling-windows-4348.html <<<This seems like its worth a shot & risk free with the AOMEI Backupper method and I will try it because I really don't want to re-install windows and lose the metric f***ton of customization's I made :LOL:

Solution

Faaz__

Reputable
Mar 6, 2017
AOMEI Backupper method worked; I still un-installed the previous mobo drivers just in case before re-installing the new ones even though they're the same and its probably due to the two boards being identical, by the same manufacturer n' all anyhow this thread is solved. Cheers✌