Upgrading from HD 5770

G

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Looking to make a purchase within the next two weeks, no later.

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: World of Warcraft is my primary concern, beyond that I only use Microsoft Excel.

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: ATI Radeon HD5770 1GB PCI Express Video Card, ATX 700W PSU

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: I thought the easiest way to explain the other relevant system specs would be to give you guys the exact PC i own, so here it is. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229188

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: I prefer Newegg, or buying them in-store at Fry's or Central Computer, anything local to the Bay Area, Ca.

PARTS PREFERENCES: I have no preference of parts, just whatever is the best option for me.

OVERCLOCKING: No idea? SLI OR CROSSFIRE: No idea?

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920x1080

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: I've upgraded to 8GB of 1600 ram since the purchase, beyond that nothing else has been changed. Also, I would like to upgrade the case as well because the fans have started going bad and making a lot of grinding/clicking noises for the first few minutes the computer is on. Last, I am willing to upgrade any other component of the PC as well, so please don't limit your suggestions to just a GPU.

Thanks everyone!

G

$500 for total upgrades. I was hoping to include GPU, possible power supply upgrade, memory, and a new case into that. I can stretch to $600 possibly.

Lets just say my buying power is 250-300 for a GPU

G

Terry, first I'd like to thank you for your time and help! I've set a total budget of $600 for all the components I require. GPU + RAM + PSU + Case = $600.

As far as GPU's go, which one would be a better card for running WoW on ultra settings? As far as a case goes, I do not care about flash but I would like a mid tower case that supports the liquid cooling system I already have and has a clear side panel, I've always liked a blue or red neon light that shows me all my goodies. As far as RAM goes, I currently have 4 x 2GB sticks in there that are running at 1600mhz, I believe that my motherboard supports up to 16GB RAM but only up to 1600mhz. Also, the PSU is 700W made from a brand I have never heard of, I assume it would be safer to replace it with something like Corsair?

Regardless, RAM + GPU + PSU + Case = $600 is my budget.

G

Terry, once again, thank you for all of the info. Is it necessary for me to upgrade my power supply? It is a 700W PSU.

G

Terry, once again, thank you for all of the info. Is it necessary for me to upgrade my power supply? It is a 700W PSU.

G

I assumed I needed a new one, but if it's not necessary to replace it then I think I may pass. My fault for the confusion, sorry about that