the specs are

intel g4560
gtx 1050ti
h-110 gaming-3
16 gb of ram

500w PSU 80+ bronze

and I'm using Samsung s22f monitor

my first question Is

If I buy a new 1080p 144hz monitor without upgrading my CPU and GPU, would I benefit from it? would my system be able to use it? or it just a waste of money?

my second question is

what is the best upgrade set for both CPU and GPU without changing the motherboard? and If I do change the set do I need to upgrade my PSU as well?

I mostly use the PC to play Dota 2 which is running just fine, but lately, since the new update both from Dota 2 and windows 10, it started to take a toll on my CPU, and I also play a newly released game once in a while, nothing big like rdr2

my budget is around $300 what should I prioritized if I can't afford both CPU and GPU? or should I go for CPU first or should I go for GPU first?

I'm looking for a cheap and and "future proof" simple rig to play dota2 with it contestant update and whatnot and a new game with at least medium setting in 1080p that can at least last about a year or two from now

Sorry for my bad grammar and repetitive question, but I can't find a satisfying answer to this topic

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of your PSU and it's age? What games will you be taxing the system with? You could run the system as is with a higher refresh rate but your GPU will struggle with 144Hz. If the upgrade path is viable, financially, I'd get a non K suffix i5 and then pair it with a GTX1660Ti or a GTX1070 so you can feel some difference from your investments but that budget won't net you much apart from a processor upgrade.

Nov 21, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of your PSU and it's age? What games will you be taxing the system with? You could run the system as is with a higher refresh rate but your GPU will struggle with 144Hz. If the upgrade path is viable, financially, I'd get a non K suffix i5 and then pair it with a GTX1660Ti or a GTX1070 so you can feel some difference from your investments but that budget won't net you much apart from a processor upgrade.

well even Dota 2 with its constant workshop content and stuff ( I really don't know) already take a toll, I don't know exactly what, but usually when I play Dota 2 and when everyone is having a war on one screen my pc can keep at least 70fps but nowadays after a bunch of updates it can drop to 55-60 fps, also 1 year back my average fps in-game is steady in 110-120 fps now its 90-120 up and down, also I enjoy playing stealth game a lot, so in the future, if new stealth game like sekiro, dishonored 2, hitman2 released I will probably want it, of all the game I mention the one that is taking the most toll on my CPU is hitman and sniper elite game, I never try AC games, but looking forward to play a new open-world game that is not fps

my PSU model is xigmatic calibre 500w xcp A500 is as old as my build, around 3-3,5 year, this the first and the only gaming pc I ever had

let's say I have $500 laying around somewhere and decided to get 1660 ti/super will it compatible with my MOBO? also, what is the cheapest available temporary CPU upgrade to pair with 1660 super/ti, and what is the upgrade for that temporary CPU? thanks for your time, I appreciated it.