Jan 14, 2020
Hey everybody, first time poster.

This is what I currently have, but the motherboard is dead (bent CPU pin)

Budget Range: as cheap as reasonable
System Usage from Most to Least Important: Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Bridge and some mild gaming (like Battlefield 4)
Are you buying a monitor: No

Parts to Upgrade: motherboard!
Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg, ebay, amazon. I will probably pick up something used off of ebay.
Parts Preferences: intel LGA 1150, Z87 or Z97.
Overclocking: No
SLI or Crossfire: No
Your Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080
Additional Comments: Currently has Haswell core i5 4430 with integrated Intel HD Graphics 4600 , 12GB DDR3 1600 RAM, 2TB hard drive, onboard 802.11b/g/n 2.4GHz single band wifi and bluetooth 4.2

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: I need to replace a dead motherboard and would like to eeek out some final years from this machine. I'd like to reuse my haswell generation i5 4430, so I know I'm limited to an LGA 1150 board and need to stat microATX for the case. Currently it has a MS-7826 z87 chipset board. I'm trying to figure out what I should upgrade to, whether or not it's worth it to find a z97 chipset to extend the life a little more or if the z87 is still fine. I know this machine won't be at all current, I just need to get it working again. I'm trying to reuse as many of the components in it now and really just replace the motherboard. At some point in the future I might replace the i5 4430 with a higher i5 or even i7.