Upgrading Lenovo H50-55

ijbeausoleil11

Commendable
Jul 3, 2018
I was thinking about upgrading my pc (Lenovo h50-55 with all og parts)
If I buy a ddr3 gigabyte motherboard would I be able to keep the 12gb of ram that came with the pc? I also wanted to upgrade th graphics card to a gigabyte 1050ti 4gb and the power supply to a 500w evga power supply. Would all these parts be compatible? If so which case would you guys reccomend buying? Thanks in advance

Solution
What's the purpose of this proposed upgrade?

What are your current specs? I see there's an AMD A10-7800 for the model you mention which is fairly weak by modern standards.

You mention a DDR3 motherboard. Is this for the same socket or different one?
Be wary as Windows licences for prebuilts are usually tied to the motherboard (not entirely sure if the new digital licence for Windows 10 will allow a transfer).

The RAM should work on a compatible motherboard. Cross referencing with the motherboard QVL would make things more certain.

On a new motherboard you can choose any graphics card you want provided it has the required physical requirement of slot and power.

What's the purpose of this proposed upgrade?

What are your current specs? I see there's an AMD A10-7800 for the model you mention which is fairly weak by modern standards.

You mention a DDR3 motherboard. Is this for the same socket or different one?
Be wary as Windows licences for prebuilts are usually tied to the motherboard (not entirely sure if the new digital licence for Windows 10 will allow a transfer).

The RAM should work on a compatible motherboard. Cross referencing with the motherboard QVL would make things more certain.

On a new motherboard you can choose any graphics card you want provided it has the required physical requirement of slot and power.

Solution