Question Upgrading Monitor/need Help 24" 1080 144hz

Sep 10, 2018
Hi, I am in desperate need of some advice after racking my brain going through all the reviews I could find for the past 4-5 Hours.

I live in the US and I am trying to upgrade my mediocre asus 1080p 60hz monitor for something more suited for gaming. I play a little bit of everything but a lot of fps/third-person and rpgs.
I am looking for a 24" monitor to play mostly in 1080 with 144hz refresh rate, and I am looking to spend anywhere between 200-275?

This would be my main and only display, and im not exactly sure about wanting/needing TN/VA, or IPS.
I currently have a GTX 1070 SC Edition,amd fx 8250@5 GHZ and 16 gigs of ram,dont know if that matters but hey..
I kind of prefer more well known brands that would most likely not have lots of problems.. dead pixels or whatever else. I do like Asus, and Acer but I'm looking for advice. I had the MSI Optix mag241c catch my eye, but after reading about ghosting and dead pixels im not sure. Same kind of goes for the high selling ASUS VG248QE, heard of people getting dead pixels and no support from the company. Im just trying to treat myself for my birthday and I have no idea which monitors to look at please help?

Sep 10, 2018
Ive mainly been playing Apex legends lately and although I dont check my fps that often or have it displayed on screen(I think its annoying) I would say I average from 60-100. I was on the Asus website trying to pick through options and found a vg258q, although I cant really find it on amazon or newegg. Any thoughts on this ? I saw some posts on another forum that it was way over priced, can anyone just give me a list of the top picks that fall into the category im looking for please ? It is greatly appreciated.

Mar 7, 2019
ide say that if your not planning your pc to a state to where it can reach an average of 140 fps or atleast 120 because the refresh rate will always be the same as the frames on the pc so if you would have 100 fps average on your pc with a 60hz moniter all you really are seeing is 60fps plus the naked eye cannot see a difference from about 70fps to 140fps so I recommend getting a screen that might be better resolution but keep it at about 60hz that's my advice but that's for you too decide

hope I helped :)

Sep 10, 2018
Ive mainly been playing Apex legends lately and although I dont check my fps that often or have it displayed on screen(I think its annoying) I would say I average from 60-100.
ide say that if your not planning your pc to a state to where it can reach an average of 140 fps or atleast 120 because the refresh rate will always be the same as the frames on the pc so if you would have 100 fps average on your pc with a 60hz moniter all you really are seeing is 60fps plus the naked eye cannot see a difference from about 70fps to 140fps so I recommend getting a screen that might be better resolution but keep it at about 60hz that's my advice but that's for you too decide

hope I helped :)
I do plan on upgrading the rest of it sooner than later to be able to maintain a higher fps,I just want my monitor to be up to par before I do so. Any recomendations for a 144hz 1080p name brand monitor under 300 ?

Sep 10, 2018
Im gonna check it out now thanks, what about asus models in that price range any that stand out in that price range? Like I said the VG248QE keeps showing recent reviews with dead pixels, But other than that it is a top seller and has customer awards, should I just go with that ? I am just a little pre-emptive about the AOC because Ive never really heard of them before. I dont know if I had mentioned this but im not specifically looking for a curved monitor, Just stand out quality in that price range.