Upgrading my memory 2xTripleChannel ??

TheDutchGuy

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
Hello everyone.

I have a question about upgrading my memory, but i have asked around for whats the best option and some say i could buy the same KiT again and place it in your motherboard. AND they also say i bought the wrong Memory. Slow and not one of the better Memory Kits in combination with youre motherboard. :eek:

Well i use the: Corsair 6GB (3x2GB) TripleChannel DDR3 SDRAM 6GB 1333MHz - 9-9-9-24 CL9

But i dont even know this is Posible to place another KiT to get 2X Triple Channel - Total 12Gb
Or
Should i buy New memory with better latency and timing and Mhz more Stable.?

i would really appreciate it if you guys can help me out with this one. thanks. ;)

larkspur

Distinguished
If you list your motherboard make and model then we'd have a better idea and could actually give you a more definitive answer.

I will assume that you have a motherboard that uses triple channel memory that has six slots for RAM.

Assuming all of the above, if you want 12gb of ram then your best bet is to find the same 6gb kit for sale. Try not to mix different types or densities of RAM. Get another of that same Corsair kit for your upgrade giving you a total of 12gb.

hella-d

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2006
I Have Mixed Several Different Sizes And Speeds In Several Different Machines (Including Laptops) And Never Had A Memory Problem Whatsoever, My Last Machine Was Running 6GB Of DDR2... Two 2GB Sticks Of CAS5 DDR2-1066 And Two 1GB Sticks Of CAS4 DDR2-800. The Only Downside Is If You Mix Different Speeds Your Faster RAMs Speeds Will Lower To Match The Lower Speed RAM. And Mixing Different Brands Dosent Matter At All.

Triple Channel Boards/CPUs May Be Different But Im Pretty Sure If You Had 3x2GB Sticks Of DDR3-1333 And Added 3 More 2GB Sticks Of DDR3-1600 RAM It Would Work Just Fine, It Would Just Be A Waste Of Speed For The Faster RAM.