Upgrading my pc

PCMatserRace

Prominent
Jul 1, 2017
So I was wondering if I should upgrade my PC. I currently have a fix 8350 with a after market cooler a, MSI 970 motherboard 32 gb of D3 ram and a r9 390 and was wondering if I should upgrade to a ryzen 5 1600 with 16 gb of ddr4 ram and a tomahawk motherboard

I would, however, you have some decent specs. Are you noticing in performance issues? Even though I always recommend to stay away from the FX series, I would hate for you to waste 32GB of memory. However, jumping up to Ryzen should yield some strong performance gains.

PCMatserRace

Prominent
Jul 1, 2017
I am not having performance issues but I think it is a good Idea to upgrade in the long run but some of my games could benefit. How come you would stay away from the fx series?

PCMatserRace

Prominent
Jul 1, 2017
Wow but I'm still on the fence if I should upgrade I play games like GTA v, rocket league, csgo (alot), rarely Minecraft (about a year ago), battlegrounds, and team fortress. I am getting a steam link in a couple of days also

The 1600 is perfect for what you want. I will say to keep the r9 390 for now until vega and volta drops. No need to upgrade when it's not necessary. Again, if you are not noticing anything wrong with your current system, I'd say wait. If your current FX is tolerable for your needs, then why spend money on more? Just wait it out until you hit that brick wall.

That's my three cents.