[SOLVED] Upgrading RAM

Silinz

Reputable
May 26, 2017
Can I upgrade my existing ram? I have G.Skill 16kit 2x8 3200 MHz, so can I just buy another 2x8 sticks with the same speed?

Solution
Try to make sure its another G.Skill 16kit 2x8 3200 MHz kit with the same specs for best results. Heck I was looking at my ram in CPUZ and it was a 8GB kit and two 4GB sticks I bought off eBay and found out one had an older SPD revision so old CPUZ couldn't get all the info from it! Working fine.

lynx1021

Distinguished
Try to make sure its another G.Skill 16kit 2x8 3200 MHz kit with the same specs for best results. Heck I was looking at my ram in CPUZ and it was a 8GB kit and two 4GB sticks I bought off eBay and found out one had an older SPD revision so old CPUZ couldn't get all the info from it! Working fine.

Reactions: Silinz
Solution

Silinz

Reputable
May 26, 2017
Thanks y'all, so I ordered exactly the same model I have, so I hope when it comes, timings will be the same, but I have another question. If those timings won't match, am I allowed to change them? Cuz i've seen people say that u can change timings so they match with each other.

lynx1021

Distinguished
The same model should have the same timings but if not, set them to the higher ones for better stability. My timings on my P43T board are 8-8-8-20 but the timings listed on the modules are 9-9-9-24.My bios set them at the 8-8-8-20, not I, but the seem to work great. I will have to check my P45T board, the memory there is running at 1600Mhz because of the processor is 1600Mhz