[SOLVED] Upgrading to Ryzen 2nd Gen, updating BIOS

Hellcat711

Honorable
Dec 16, 2014
Hi,

Current specs, Ryzen 3 1200, Gigabyte B350 Gaming BIOS version F23d

I'm looking to upgrade to a Ryzen 5 2600 and I'm just double checking the process in updating the BIOS to maintain compatibility, I'm seeing a lot of chatter saying that I need to update to a bridge BIOS before updating to the latest (F25), however according to gigabyte's support page, the BIOS I'm rolling with is the next one down, there is no bridge BIOS in between.

Am i correct in thinking I need to update the BIOS to F25 (AGESA 1.0.0.6) and then switch out the CPU and that's it? No extra steps? Nothing required between those two stages?

Solution
You already have a compatible bios. Ryzen 2000 was made compatible with F20 and you already have F23. You could update to F25 if you want, but it's not necessary to use the Ryzen 5 2600. Bridge bios updates were common years ago, and there may be some now. But it's not something you have to worry about.
You already have a compatible bios. Ryzen 2000 was made compatible with F20 and you already have F23. You could update to F25 if you want, but it's not necessary to use the Ryzen 5 2600. Bridge bios updates were common years ago, and there may be some now. But it's not something you have to worry about.

Solution

Hellcat711

Honorable
Dec 16, 2014

Thank you, that's perfect