Kirito-kun

Commendable
Jan 24, 2022
My specs:

i5-3570, H61, 4GB*2, RTX 2060, 550W Bronze+ CM PSU, 2 SSD, 2 HDD, RGB Keyboard and Mouse, Bluetooth and WIFI Adapter, 3 ARGB and 1 Non RGB Fans on case and Acer 22 inch IPS Monitor.

I have a inverter at my place but due to frequent power cut in my area, I bought ENTER UPS E-U740 LINE UPS (Output Power Wattage: 360 W) from a local shop to protect my GPU for that 1 minute when the electricity cuts off and switches to Inverter, it provides good backup during normal usage (when GPU is not in use), but whenever I am playing games COD series, GTA V, the moment electricity goes off my pc crashes and when in next second the inverter kicks in, it restarts. I thought there was something wrong with my UPS, I took my CPU and UPS to the shop, but there it managed to play GTA V, Genshin Impact and COD:MW Remastered for total 4-5 minutes before discharging. I brought it back home, separated Monitor connection directly to board and tested same thing (switched off power connection during Genshin and it survived), I thought it solved the problem but again just 30 mins back , my friend was playing COD:MW and electricity goes off and again PC goes off. This is so much frustrating!!! Please need urgent help!!!

Another point to Note: When I am cutting off the electricity first and starting PC on UPS directly, I am able to run few games (Genshin , COD:MW, GTA V) for few minutes, but whenever I am playing on electricity through UPS, the moment electricity goes off the PC shutdowns, the UPS IS NOT PROVIDING EVEN A SECOND BACKUP!

Clearly, the UPS is overloading even with the monitor not connected to it. That system alone is about 330w gaming if nothing is overclocked which should usually require at least a 750VA UPS, since 330w from the PSU at 80% efficiency means 412w into the PSU, and therefore the load the UPS must support even with no monitor attached to it.

Given the claimed specs of your unit is 10-15 minutes runtime and you only get 4-5, how believable exactly is that 650VA/360w in the title of those listings when the description below it often instead lists 600VA/300w and hilariously 100% efficiency too. And even if they were telling the truth, well they don't claim to work with 400+w.

Either try a more reputable brand of UPS at 750VA (one with an actual website and official specs, rather than whatever the retailer wants to claim) or massively oversize a cheap one like ~1500VA. Just because the model number has 740 in it doesn't mean it can supply 740VA